How High?

The footprint of the building comes from the satellite image, so that's easy. But how high do you make it? There is a general rule somewhere about doors being about 7 feet high, and that's a good reference because all buildings have doors of some kind. I uploaded a model of 1182 Flushing Ave (it's live now) which was too damn high… I'm not sure what I was thinking. I noticed it when I built my 1201 Flushing model and compared them in Street View.
Street View shot of 1201 and 1182 Flushing with reference line.

1201 and 1182 Flushing Ave in GE preview. 1182's roof is too high compared to SV shot.
The adjusted height is just about right.

Also looking at the proportion of the windows helps – look at the 3 vertical windows on the 1182 building to the right (the ones on the roof access/stairwell tower.) In the previous version they are way long and tall. They're just about right on the new one. Don't look too close, I'm starting to see a difference in where they sit horizontally! F! F! ¡Que lastima!

Street view is not gospel, there are artifacts and camera lens distortion of course, but it is a very useful reference, and in this case helped me fix an error I didn't realize I'd made. I deleted the model on the GE warehouse, and uploaded the new version, which should replace the older one, so when 1201 is accepted, they are relating correctly.